Job Position: Secondary Secretary -- Temporary Position
Time: 7:30 to 3:30 M-F on School Days Only
Pay: As per Support Staff Contract
Position Begins: 11-12-18
Position Posting Closed: November 6, 2018 – 3:00 p.m.
GENERAL AND SPECIFIC JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Graduation from an accredited high school (Associates Degree or post secondary training in business or related field preferred).
- Basic bookkeeping aptitude.
- Skilled in the use of computers and office equipment. Must be able to utilize Pickford Public School’s software and have high level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Apps.
- Must pass competency test in writing skills, grammar, basic math skills, and use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Google Apps.
- Excellent written and verbal communications required. Ability to communicate and work effectively and courteously with staff, students, parents, vendors and the general public.
- Ability to assume responsibility and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to prioritize and manage tasks efficiently.
- Ability to demonstrate high proficiency in secretarial duties; working through to completion with little or no supervision
- Additional experience in web based programs, Microsoft applications, or data base software is prefered ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Greet public and place and receive telephone calls and distribute messages.
- Responsible for incoming & outgoing mail
- Responsible for bank deposits
- Maintain athletic petty cash
- Maintain school fundraiser calendar
- Process student attendance
- Maintain student health records
- Maintain student athletic physicals
- Process student schedules and report cards
- Maintain accounts payable and receivable records for Activity and Scholarship funds
- Process purchase orders for Middle School/High School
- Maintain the high school student filing system
- Update and maintain office equipment, and copiers
- Distribute approved purchase orders and maintain purchase order log
- Process and distribute student work permits
- Process cash receipts and make bank deposits (at minimum-weekly).
- Prepare and maintain a list of athletic events and cross reference all athletic receipts against the list to account for receipts for all events.
- Take inventory of office supplies and place orders to make sure that an adequate level of inventory is maintained at all times.
- Update display cases as needed
- Assign tasks to and monitor any student office aides
- Secretary to the athletic director
- Perform any and all other duties as may be assigned by the High School Principal or Business Office Manager.
All support staff employees must possess:
- 1. At least a high school diploma or a GED equivalent.
- 2. A conviction record clear of any felony or misdemeanor conviction of any sex-related crime, crimes against children, or crimes involving drugs, alcohol, firearms, weapons, or larceny.
- 3. American citizenship or legal alien status.
- 4. Valid information documenting their true identity and the use of any aliases.
All employees must be able to:
- 1. Work for the good of the school.
- 2. Follow the chain of command.
- 3. Respect student and staff member privacy.
- 4. Observe all board policies.
- 5. Present themselves in a clean and neat manner.
- 6. Exercise good judgement and behavior while at the school and/or representing the school district.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee may occasionally lift and/or push up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Please send resume and letter of interest to:
Angela Nettleton, Superintendent
Pickford Public Schools
P.O. Box 278
Pickford, MI 49774
Equal Opportunity Employer